- This event has passed.
FAM Virtual Sister School Visit Registration
April 30, 2021
8:55 am – 12:00 pm CEST (Central European Summer Time) UTC/GMT +2
Please check the correct time in your country here
Join this unique Virtual FAM trip to a Finnish school! Tickets only for 20 participants! During this trip, you will observe how a Croatian class virtually visits a Finnish class, and the students get to know each other and each other’s culture during one day (3 hours). In our Virtual Sister School Visits, the schools don’t have to be official sister schools; what we offer is an agile way to connect two schools/classrooms interested in learning together with students from another country.
Check-in: practical and technical issues before the observation begins (8:55 am – 9:00 am CEST)
Lesson 1: Introductions (9:00 am – 9:45 am CEST)
- Start all together; both teachers introduce themselves
- 10 breakout rooms with 2 Finns and 1 Croatian pupil in each
- Topics to be discussed in breakout rooms: name, favourite video game, why they like it…
Break: 15 minutes. Some Finnish students can use their mobile phones to connect in the Zoom meeting to introduce snow and Finnish outside activities
Lesson 2: The good and evil video games (10 am – 10:45 am CEST)
- Croatian teacher introduces the topic; the Finnish teacher will translate to her students if needed
- In breakout rooms, children will talk about their experiences, do they see any problem
- After coming back from breakout rooms, there will be a quiz in Kahoot, prepared by the Croatian teacher
Break: 15 minutes.
Lesson 3: Celebration traditions (11 am – 11:45 am CEST)
- The Finnish teacher briefly introduces the topic
- Breakout rooms, children introduce the celebration traditions in their countries
- The pupils create masks for the first of May, for example, video game characters
- Thank you and goodbye!
Q&A session: with Virtual Sister School Visit organizer, VisitEDUfinn (11:45 am – 12:00 pm CEST)
*during breakout room sessions, Dr. Kirsi Mantua-Kommonen from VisitEDUfinn will host FAM visitors in their own breakout room.
Virtual Sister School Visit is organized with Zoom. Registered participants will receive the Zoom link a few hours before the visit starts.