- This event has passed.
Open School Visit
December 12, 2018
Open School Visits
The most practical solution for individuals and small groups.
Helsinki metropolitan area, Finland
The concept of these school visits is as the name indicates, open for everyone. You can be an educational professional or a student, a business person or a tourist. The only requirement is that you are interested in the Finnish education and eager to see how the learning takes place in a normal classroom situation. During the visit you will have time to talk with the Finnish teachers and ask about their teaching practices, methods or the challenges they face during their daily work. The visit includes also the Finnish school lunch – famous for being offered for every student for free.
The schools that we visit organize always education at least for the primary school level (grades 1-6, in Finland that is 7-12 years old). However, some of our visiting schools offer preschool education as well (6 years old) and some of them are comprehensive schools, meaning they have also middle school / junior high school students (grades 7-9 = 13-15 years old). If your interest is only preschool / middle school, please ask us about the possibility to visit those before registration.
The schedule for the visits is:
8:30 The visit starts in Senaatintori, look for an Open School Visit -sign. During the bus trip you will receive basic information about the Finnish educational system.
9:00 Arriving at school – welcoming words from the school principal or his/her representative. Afterwards visiting different classes.
11:00 Open discussion with the school teachers.
11:30 School lunch.
12:00 Bus trip back to Senaatintori.
12:30 End of the school visit.
How much does it cost?
The price (including VAT24%) for the visit is €290/person, including:
– School visit
– School lunch
– Guidance during all the visit by a representative of VisitEDUfinn
– Pasi Sahlberg´s best seller Finnish Lessons: What can the world learn from educational change in Finland or alternatively Professor Kirsti Lonka’s new book Phenomenal Learning from Finland or The Success Story of Finnish Early Childhood Education
PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION BEFORE REGISTERING
All registration must be done using the following online registration form. Reservations will be handled on a “first come – first served” basis, so early registration is the only way to secure your place and select the date of your preference. Accepted methods of payment are credit card and bank transfer.
If you have problems or questions about completing the online form, please contact email@example.com
Cancellation of registration
– Cancellation received before one month prior to the visit – A cancellation fee of € 50 per person will be charged.
– Cancellation received between one month and one week prior to the visit – A cancellation fee equal to 50 % will be charged.
– Cancellation received after one week prior to the visit – A cancellation fee of 100 % will be charged.
Cancellation by VisitEDUfinn Ltd.
The minimum number of participants for Open School Visits is two persons. In case there is only one participant, the visit will be cancelled and the payment will be refunded 100% to the participant.