Official Sister School Programs
No Nation is an Island – and Neither is Any School
Would you like to find a sister school in Finland? We facilitate the process whether it is about making an official contract or more informal collaboration. We are dedicated to helping schools to build meaningful mutual partnerships. Partnering with a school abroad is a joint process where both students and teachers – whole school communities – learn from each other and broaden their perspectives. Our mission is that international experiences are easily accessible to all school kids.
In Finland, on the surface, it may seem that our schools are so relaxed that students learn less than elsewhere. But the overall well-being that is emphasized in the Finnish curriculum actually improves learning. In a relaxed atmosphere, the joy of learning can flourish and soft skills are seen as just as important as academic success. This is something we want foreign student groups to experience in Finland.
VisitEDUfinn’s role is to facilitate the whole process
- finding a school partner for your school in Finland / matchmaking
- signing contracts, helping with the bureaucracy
- exchange trips (normally 3-7 days, once a year)
- helping the schools to plan a nice program for mutual learning
- arranging extra-curricular activities, these vary according to the season (science center, maker space, museums, sauna and swimming, skiing/ sled sliding, berry picking in the forest, cooking local specialties, etc.)
- arranging possible family visits (to deepen the experience of the Finnish lifestyle)
- organizing a farewell gala for the visitors and local pupils
- always providing a local host/mediator during the program
Fees for Agreements and Exchange Trip Programs
Official sister school agreement: the fee depends on the age level, extent, and length of the agreement.
Example: three-year agreement with a primary school, including a promise of one 3-day visit possibility each year with 9-12-year-old pupils, = 7900€*
IMPORTANT! The agreement fee can be used as part of the future exchange trip program fees.
Exchange trip program: the fee depends on the content and length of the program as well as the group size.
Example: 3-day program, 20 participants, 600€/person (Excl. VAT), includes:
- online meeting before the visit
- 3 school days with Finnish peers
- 3 extra-curricular activities (one each afternoon)
- 3 lunches
- local transport
- a local guide hosting the group at all times
- farewell gala
- online wrap-up after the visit
* Prepayment required (it is fully refundable in case we would not find a sister school within the agreed time)