Sustainable Provider of Finnish Education
To help the tourism industry in Finland to adopt sustainable practices, Visit Finland has developed the Sustainable Travel Finland™ -program. The program is designed for Finnish tourism companies and destinations to build more sustainable practices. This new accreditation program signifies that the company with the label satisfies Visit Finland’s sustainable travel criteria, covering economic, ecological, social, and cultural sustainability.
VisitEDUfinn Ltd. was accepted to the program in November 2020. The first accomplishment to get the label was obtaining Biosphere’s Certificate in Spring 2021. Later in Summer 2021, the company was finally awarded with the Sustainable Travel Finland™ label. VisitEDUfinn is the first Finnish company specializing in educational travel, which got this acknowledgment for its commitment to sustainable tourism.
Here is a sample of actions VisitEDUfinn is taking as part of its commitment:
- compensate our C02 emissions
- offer clients additional services for free if they choose public transportation or walking over a bus drive
- prefer electric taxes
- prefer fair trade coffee/tea
- prefer providers with an eco-label
- offer a guide for sustainable actions in Finland, such as recycling practices
- not use of plastic cups, spoons, etc.
- recommend local cultural events