Sustainable Provider of Finnish Education
VisitEDUfinn Ltd. was accepted to Sustainable Travel Finland -program in November 2020. This new accreditation program signifies that the company with the label satisfies Visit Finland’s sustainable travel criteria, which cover economic, ecological, social and cultural sustainability.
The first accomplishment in our way to get the label was obtaining Biosphere’s Certificate in Spring 2021. VisitEDUfinn was the very first Finnish company specialised in educational travel, which got a certification for its commitment to sustainable tourism.
We have now been awarded the Sustainable Travel Finland™ label by Visit Finland. To help the tourism industry in Finland to adopt sustainable practices, Visit Finland has developed the Sustainable Travel Finland programme. The programme is designed for Finnish tourism companies and destinations to develop more sustainable practices. The participants that have undergone the STF programme and fulfilled the criteria, get the Sustainable Travel Finland label.
Here is a sample of actions VisitEDUfinn is taking as part of its commitment:
- compensate our C02 emissions
- offer clients additional services for free if they choose public transportation or walking over a bus drive
- prefer electric taxes
- prefer fair trade coffee/tea
- prefer providers with an eco label
- offer a guide for sustainable actions in Finland, such as recycling practises
- not use of plastic cups, spoons etc.
- recommend local cultural events