Meet a Finnish Expert!
VisitEDUfinn Ltd. is not only offering online meetings with selected Finnish teachers and principals but also with Finnish education experts. Meet a Finnish Expert is available for individuals and small groups up to 30 participants. Prior to the meeting (or after, if you prefer) the whole group can take for free the corresponding Finnish Education Online Course, and during a one-hour private meeting ask questions that may have raised when taking the course. Of course, you can also ask the education expert about his or her practical experiences in Finnish schools, and he or she can give suggestions to a challenge you face on your work.
Why limit to one session? You can use Finnish expert as a mentor for you and your colleagues that you meet on a regular basis.
What are the benefits?
Talking with a professional expert or colleague often provides the opportunity to learn and get new ideas. However, talking with an expert from an entirely different country and culture can give you a whole new perspective. Things can be done in a different way. Challenges can be looked at from another angle. Your thinking can be broadened and enriched.
We put you in touch with carefully selected, highly educated Finnish experts with whom you can have a dialogue and discuss themes of their expertise. However, your conversation does not need to be limited to those. Experts are also prepared to talk about their challenges and how they overcame them, and what tools and solutions they used to fix a certain problem.
At the moment, you can select to discuss the following themes:
For all of these topics, the internet is full of information. The impact, however, is a lot more significant when the information is linked with a personalized conversation and practical examples provided by a Finnish expert. Your motivation to improve your work and routines will be on a completely different level.
How to connect with Finnish Experts?
Below you will find our current experts available for a LIVE virtual meeting and their speciality. The list will be updated constantly so if you are interested in someone, do not think about it too long – he or she might not be available anymore after next month. By clicking on READ MORE you will find more information about the experts, links to the corresponding online courses, and links to their booking calendars. In the calendars, you can check the time slots they are available for a meeting and make the booking immediately in the calendar via online payment. After the payment, please send the meeting attendees’ names and emails to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will give them a 30-day free access to the course.
IMPORTANT! If you don’t find any suitable time slots, please contact us at email@example.com.
Here are the key features of the service:
- One meeting takes 60 minutes. It is possible to book several meetings in a row.
- If you want the expert to prepare his or her answers to some of your questions, you may send max 5 of them, at least 3 days before the meeting at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Up to 30 participants can join the meeting. If you are interested in bookings for bigger groups or audiences, please contact email@example.com.
- To maximize the benefit of your investment, it is highly recommended that the attendees take the corresponding course before the meeting. This helps them to have a basic understanding of the theme, make better questions, and concentrate on details and real life examples during the meeting.
- The price is 199 euros (excl. VAT). Recording is included in the price.
- A series of meetings can be made available for a discounted price. For instance, ten sessions for the price of eight.
Please read the following details carefully before proceeding with your booking.
- We are using Zoom for the meetings. Please connect a few minutes before the meeting starts, especially if you have not used Zoom before. And if you want to use your mobile phone for your meeting, make sure you have installed the application beforehand. Finns are punctual, so the expert you booked the meeting with will be there exactly at the booked time – and not later.
- After selecting the time for your meeting, you will be directed to make a credit card payment. Your booking will not take place until the payment has been processed properly. If you want to pay for the meeting with a bank transfer, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After booking the meeting, you will receive a calendar invitation by email. Please note that if you accept the meeting, the invitation email with the Zoom link can disappear from your inbox (depending on the system you are using). However, you can find the email in the trash folder and the meeting details on your calendar.
- Cancellation is not possible, but you can change the date and time of your online meeting 24 hours before the scheduled time. After that no changes are possible.
- If in doubt, please contact us by email at email@example.com or WhatsApp +358 407 516 478.
Finnish Experts available for your meeting
Choose the Finnish Expert you would like to meet.
Theme: Early Years Education
Ms. Roos (teacher of early years, PhD) has over 10 years of experience as a teacher and a leader in Finnish child care centers. For the past 10 years she worked as a teacher in vocational collage for practical nurses majoring in early childhood education. Now Roos works as a lecturer and consult through her own company (www.piiaroos.fi). In addition, she is a partner in VisitEDUfinn Ltd. Her special interests are children’s perspective and participation. Her doctoral thesis focuses on children’s narration.
Corresponding Online Course: Early Years Education in Finland
Suvi Krista Westling
Themes: Challenges in Concentration?, Learning in a Forest, Finnish Basic Education
Suvi Krista Westling
Ms Suvi Krista Westling is an expert on educational psychology with a broad view of education and a deep understanding of the human mind. She has graduated from and later taught students in an innovative program of educational psychology at the University of Helsinki. Her teaching has included lecturing, supervising pre-service teachers’ practice, and facilitating group processes and phenomenon-based group studies. In her research, she has studied the quality of regulation of students’ learning and activity both at school and at teacher education. She has worked as an expert in educational program design at an academic level as well as in few international organizations.
Suvi has also gained grassroots experience with children and teenagers while working as a classroom teacher, youth worker, and camp supervisor in various places at earlier phases of her life. She has developed an international mindset and understanding of different cultures by participating and working in different international communities and networks, living and studying in Latin America (Chile).
Theme: Transversal competencies in Basic education in Finland
Ms. Kanervo (Master of Arts , German and English philology) works as the Quality Manager and Head of Advisory Teachers in the Educational and Cultural Services of Oulu. She is in charge of the teachers’ in-service trainings, local curriculum work, language programme work and international projects and cooperation.
Corresponding course: Transversal competencies in Basic education in Finland
Theme: Entrepreneurship Education
Mr. Alanne (Master of Arts in Education) works as an advisory teacher for entrepreneurship education in the City of Oulu. Eemeli is an education professional with a special focus on entrepreneurship, working life readiness, and sustainability. He loves learning new things and applying the theory into practice. He holds degrees in hospitality management, education & globalization and currently is doing MBA in leading sustainable growth. He has worked with NGOs in the field as well as the public sector. He has worked with thousands of students from 3rd graders to adults to understand entrepreneurship better. He has developed learning materials and facilitated events for hundreds of people. Eemeli thinks entrepreneurship is a learning process and a mindset.
Eemeli is energetic and passionate about the things he does. Working with him is not only about talking, it’s about doing, which is at the core of entrepreneurial behavior.
Corresponding course: Entrepreneuship Education
Theme: STEAM Education in Finland
Ms. Maikki Manninen is both a class teacher and early education and care teacher. Her expertise lies eg. in ICT and STEAM education at the primary and secondary levels. Nowadays, she works as an advisory teacher at the Educational and Cultural Services, City of Oulu. Her working tasks include training and consultation on ICT especially according to the Finnish core curricula and the local strategies for both ICT and STEAM education. Ms. Manninen is also experienced in development projects funded by the Finnish National Agency for Education eg. on innovative learning environments.
Corresponding course: STEAM Education in Finland